Sunday, April 14, 2013

Making the Right Moves


I recently got accepted into an internship program through Day2Day Enterprise located in Jacksonville, Florida. Although I have not started my internship I wanted to get familiar with the company and share my findings.
Day2Day Enterprise is a Production/Entertainment company ran by young entrepreneur Derek “Jus Me” Augustine.  Day2Day Enterprise is located in Jacksonville, Florida not your typical city for young aspiring artists. Jus Me was raised in Massachusetts, now currently living Jacksonville and he is following his dreams of not only being a hip-hop artist but also helping other aspiring artist as well.
The Mission statement of Day2Day “is to encourage, empower, and entertain the world through music and with many other forms of Art and Entertainment. We are determined to provide superior customer service and high product/service quality at the most affordable rates.”
Derek along with Day2Day Enterprise offers many products and services; Event Planning, Music Production, Video Production, Photography, Graphic Design, Promotions/Marketing, and Management. Day2Day specializes in Music/Video Production, Talent Development & Management. Day2Day ensures equal access to resources and quality of service and that is what sets them apart from their competitors.
Day2Day Enterprise is in the middle of switching the brand logo and will be hiring on more staff to get the company heading in a different direction with a fresh perspective. 

As I spoke to Derek I was impressed with his knowledge and work ethic. He has been in the industry since he was a child; he has done everything from teaching various types of dance classes as well as modeling and being a hip-hop artist. I am excited to learn from him and get a chance to work in the music industry.
This company is involved in many of the same areas that I am planning on doing after achieving my degree. I also want to own an Artist Management company through my internship I hope to gain not only hands on experience but also the knowledge it will take to achieve my own goals.
I will continue to Blog about Day2Day once I start my internship this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment